Backflow Prevention Testing and Installation Services
Backflow prevention testing and installation services can save you hundreds and thousands of dollars in water bills and flooding fixes.
Backflow is the reverse flow of water in your plumbing pipes can be caused by:
- A drop of pressure in the main pipe system
- A pump operating on a site, located on a higher level compared to the main line
- Faulty plumbing, inadequate and unprofessional installation and hoses submerged in tanks, pool, and buckets
Backflow issues can result in chemicals, bacteria, mud, and debris to contiminate your water system and endanger your health.
To comply with the the Plumbing Code of Australia 2011 and the Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS, and prevent you from any liabilities, you should regularly have your water and plumbing systems serviced in the following areas:
- Testing: Commercial buildings and some households are required to have backflow prevention devices installed
- Maintenance: There are many types of backflow prevention devices that can prevent backflow as well as back siphonage. We recommend you frequently always check the o-rings, clean the gates or cassette of the backflow prevention device to ensure that it is working correctly
The integrity of your water supply depends on whether your water systems are working properly. Rydeau Plumbing can assess your hazard level, install a backflow prevention device, test, and maintain it.
If you are unsure whether your plumbing issues are caused by backflow, contact us today.
We're available 24/7
Need help with water leaks, clogged toilets, blocked drains and other plumbing emergencies? Call Rydeau Plumbing on 0406 899 932. Our team of qualified plumbers and technicians is ready to attend to your needs any time of the day. Contact us!